Re: cn=config and DB_CONFIG

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
DT Piotr Wadas writes:
Is it possible with openldap, any version, to tune DB_CONFIG attributes
for selected context via cn=config ?

Yes.  See the admin guide and the slapd-bdb(8) manpage, keyword
dbconfig.  The cn=config attribute is called olcDbConfig.  Note that
    "The options set using this directive will only be written to the
    DB_CONFIG file if no such file existed at server startup time"
Come to think of it, I don't know what happens if you modify an existing
database's DB_CONFIG; I've only used it with empty database directories.

If you ldapmodify via cn=config the DB environment will be closed and re-opened to make the new settings take effect.

--
  -- Howard Chu