Verifying proxy cache operation

Can anyone suggest a means of verifying that my proxy cache (using the pcache overlay) is actually returning results from the cache and not the backend LDAP server?

I've got reams of debug output from slapd -d -1, but I'm unsure how to interpret it. I'm sure there are some magic strings within the output that would indicate the cache is being hit.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

The pcache db is bdb.

--
Liam Gretton                                    liam.gretton@le.ac.uk