[Date Prev][Date Next]
Extra character when using search filter but won't appear in the search result
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Extra character when using search filter but won't appear in the search result
- From: Wan Mohd Khairi Wan Mohamed <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 18:21:56 +0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:sender:received:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=dV+SrpGxpod4WMQCgAaFbQbribvCMPPHVl39AG3dLrA=; b=gtQxIVP8Sxhfk2ddplCqACR2uiF8AVftITjkxCDvuQWVqyHBIz5kuhPXb2TiwPnEhB hRRaFRGWPktvY5i2nirlVov630yYpFadzzX1EQrvjMC1nL9VJPFSDlfeKVtMLB3vDfMy JMayuEOmU5mP/M7npNZg/NRh1fEB8b3Tk52SI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:from:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id :subject:to:content-type; b=aLqe2E/8vGUFIpg7FfhwnytFHxiJUSkUZbR1Z+eLXNVMGQs9yurrgVJQ5j8ZxGfHON Of9deyJWmpglOdc40ntEEUEFwknlSEowCQV3z2fAeW/UwmmhwdwmE8tZ9nBAW3OLfRD5 3i8wgc5LHOSe4RVQijUKKSwJ4TA9XoaRE/THs=
We have a little bit of a problem here. When we tried to search in openldap with the following filter:-
... it returned no results. But when we use a similar filter, with an asterisk (*) appended for the 2nd attribute:-
We got the result just fine. The funny thing is, the result listed customAttribute value as just 'somevalue'. We were wondering what's the extra character that's preventing us from getting the result when using the filter without the asterisk.
Have anyone encountered similar problem before?