working with Collect overlay (Openldap 2.4.17)

Hello,

 I'm following the slapo-collect man page but I must be
missing something.

 For this database the collectinfo directive is pointing
to "uid=template1,dc=test,dc=tld" dn and the "description"
attribute as the collective one.

database        bdb
suffix          "dc=test,dc=tld"
checkpoint      1024    5
cachesize       10000
rootdn          "cn=root,dc=test,dc=tld"
rootpw          secret
directory       /var/lib/ldap-tests
index   objectClass eq
access to * by * write
overlay collect
collectinfo "uid=template1,dc=test,dc=tld" description

however, a search doesn't return the collect attribute for
the result entries under "ou=people,dc=test,dc=tld"

anyone knows how to resolve this problem?

# ldapsearch -b "dc=test,dc=tld" -D "cn=root,dc=test,dc=tld" -w secret -LLL
dn: dc=test,dc=tld
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
dc: test