Problems replicating deleted entries when slave is down.

Hello,

I'm having problem with 2 OpenLDAP (ver 2.4.21) servers acting as "master" and "slave" using "refresh and persist" synchronization.
When both servers are up, all changes get replicated (including deletes), however when slave is down and objects get deleted on master, they are not deleted on the slave after it comes up.
Also, an interesting issue I noticed, deleting object on master doesn't change the servers contextCSN, so this could be related to the problem I have.

What can be done about this situation?

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Lior Goikhburg.