Re: Replication problem: How to sync?

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Torsten Schlabach (Tascel eG) wrote:

What would I do to find out how that could have happened?

Perhaps you could read the output of "loglevel sync" -- admittedly this might not be of help after the fact, but perhaps for next time...

What would I do to fix this? (Other than manually deciding which data is
the right one and overwrite the other; I guess this may not even fix it
for the next update.)

That may depend on your local policies and applications, but one simple rule of thumb might be to take the entry with the later timestamp. However, in most OpenLDAP installations, implementing this should be as simple as "the slapcat from the master wins." Multimaster and/or mirror-mode might make this a bit more complex.