Re: reading the log file

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 09:51 -0400, Itay Moav wrote:
> I see under /var/lib/ldap the file log.000000001 which seems to be a
> binary file.
> How do I read it, or is there a different way to see a log of what the
> server does (something like the mysql.log)

Those log files are transaction logs used by the database backend. You
don't want to read those.

Instead, look at the olcLogFile directive to see where logs are

Note also that if you built with syslog support, the syslog daemon will
also be handling your slapd logs. IIRC, it logs to local4.

Owen Marshall
omarshall@facilityone.com | (502) 805-2126