Re: max open files

Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> writes:

> Getting far into digression here, but this is another reason to switch
> to the nssov / nss-pam-ldapd model. Remove libldap from PAM/NSS and a
> lot of these linking issues disappear.

Yes, amen to that.  I'm *really* happy with that work, both for that
reason and just for significant simplification of all sorts of linking
issues.  I'm not sure if it's enough to resolve the problems that Debian
runs into due to the pile of GPL'd software that wants to link with the
LDAP libraries, but it certainly resolves the problem enough that it might
be on the table at some point, and even apart from that, it's simply a
much better model.

So thank you very much to everyone who's been involved.