operations_error on simple bind with ruby ffi

Hello,

I am developing an ldap binding with ruby ffi. Currently I try to
implement a simple bind to an local open ldap server. Unfortunately I
always get an 'operations error'(1) on a ldap_simple_bind. I played
around with different credentials and ldap_open and ldap_init as well,
but I can´t change the error on bind.

My app does a 'ldap_open' and then a 'ldap_simple_bind'.

In contrast to that a 'ldap_open' and 'ldap_search' works fine.

Since I am a newbie with c ldap api I would appreciate some hints
where I could search for debug msgs and other stuff. /var/log/syslog
says nothing...

Thx in advance,

Thilko