poor performance of db-4.8.26?

Hi,
I'm just testing performance of db-4.5.20 vs. db-4.8.26 and found that
db-4.8.26 much slower than db-4.5.20.

BerkeleyDB: 4.5.20
real    0m4.973s
user    0m2.043s
sys     0m0.784s

BerkeleyDB: 4.8.26
real    0m7.461s
user    0m2.517s
sys     0m0.995s

The OS is openSuSE-11.1, I just built openldap-2.4.21 twice, using the
same slapd.conf to setup two servers and slapadded some 30,000 dummy
entries, the search was done on a subtree with 10,000 dummy entries.
The script can be found here:
http://pastebin.de/4428

In fact I tested filesystem performance as well, creating partions
with ext3, ext4 and btrfs, but fould that these filesystems had almost
no influence on performance, at least not with such a small database.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de