Re: Mirrormode Docs

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Hi,
to my understanding the admin guide on mirrormode is misleading.
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#MirrorMode
According to this documentation both nodes have to be put into
mirror mode, as far as I understand the concept of mirror mode, and is
described in slapd.conf(5), there is one node accepting write
operations, that is 'mirrormode on' statement, the other node acts as
synrepl consumer and a hot standby only, with 'mirrormode off'.
Could someone please correct me, if I'm wrong.

The doc is correct. For seamless failover to work automatically, without any manual intervention, both nodes must be configured identically.

--
  -- Howard Chu