[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: trouble with openldap >2.4.16
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: trouble with openldap >2.4.16
- From: "Brett @Google" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:35:55 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=bzDGKiFG3FhllEveJV99kGg8U+IBdWofAveh13yKpxY=; b=FbNEs+RglDCGOwP1iYePPibEia7RxsIIR4Gi2t5B0KD8ZOYvYIWGiTWMVbLUB7MCQp PC491oSCqprvSo73Q+vRJ6FuI6XLnJJEQWf/gGWWMCvOzArOQ3M6Y+sU8G0FlSFbqIIJ NM9hATl1l776sQJPH9BIoWMJnhELNs5H6M5Go=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=r7/8n8BLTORWQ3We/uDy3azGlGe3LgnPg+Zmhk9iWL/b3rtKGOf7G3OPqtgovY1ruj yaZKDre01t1RZyJh3LTQILCF/2pdpZ50oU/vp9kSqqlqPdVwNkOzI+BEp2Z9RI2YwQNi hvni41MBR8isREEJ1air4wxu2oufQ7Go4UPf0=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Brett @Google <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I am having trouble with Segfaults on Solaris Sparc, it seems like the sporadic error that some people have coming up during testing, but not others.
Oddly, this only happens for me on an older not-patched box myunhappyserver, and NOT a more recently patched box myhappyserver (same slapd/bdb binaries and libraries)
this has turned out to be a "Sun" issue or user error, depending on your opinion, and only for the sun
studio 12 compiler:
I was using : CFLAGS="-fast -xtarget=ultraT1
-xarch=sparcvis2 -xcode=pic32 -g -xs -O"
for some reason, using -O (which translates -x03) maybe conflicted / overrided the sun "macro" option -fast, which implies -x05 and quite a few other options.
The following is now working ok (no segfaults) : CFLAGS="-fast -xtarget=ultraT1 -xarch=sparcvis2 -xcode=pic32 -m64"
also prefixed "-fast -m64" to LDFLAGS as per sun docs, so this might also have helped.
(the omission of -g -xs are coincidental, they are only options to turn on debugging)