Re: Admin Guide: Tuning 21.1.2 Disks and virtual servers

Le 11/01/2010 18:08, Gavin Henry a écrit :
So, let's say I'm crazy and I want to investigate putting ldap servers

on VMware Guests --- do I care about any of the directions in section

21.1.2 about separating the logs and the db or not?

Yes, that still applies for best performance.
I may be wrong, but write to DB logs only apply when changes occurs in the directory. So the gain for separating logs and data file are mostly sensible if you have lots of changes. And without exact numbers, it's hard to say if is really worth, especially on fask disk with large throughput.
--
BOFH excuse #105:

UPS interrupted the server's power