Re: Problem: ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Chatree Srichart wrote:
> I try to add ldif file but I found error:
>
> ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
> rootpw          {SSHA}b7Jy+
> 04HxRvtDWbsZwsYuQrU7YTzFrWl

The 'rootpw' line was split in your email; it's not really split in your
slapd.conf, is it?  How did you generate the value in your slapd.conf?

> I following command:
>
> $ ldapadd -x -h localhost -D cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com -W -f admin.ldif
> Enter LDAP Password: xxxxx
> ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
>
> Can any one help me?

(The -h option is deprecated; use "-H ldap://localhost"; instead.)

You're sure the password you typed matches what you gave to the program
you used to generate the value in the slapd.conf?

Philip Guenther