[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Understanding Synchronization Problem using syncrepl
- To: Andrea Cirulli <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Understanding Synchronization Problem using syncrepl
- From: Sam Tran <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:02:41 -0500
- Cc: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=PZCdg2rqw4oExaGkRg0+doEtuhqCen2tsmMf7OhK1Pg=; b=piEtcUlDrdgpqPp8ofRhqYZWFh8MZneggm+JhR2Pz/FelCBbLk8RF+iAgRW82L5O60 JNHWEqIYSRxfHWcBvTFsdmrJRzZyXkoMeb/vQadJ0DY3f5Ar8t0OW1YKfIaTgV+tdKjN unYvltXUOMulxnX1c8G0TDscbQq/BO5CnXq4w=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=ud98kAHXZrOx9MnmQJjy3SqUsCdxwl9nlyBLjJA/mF51bgdl3ZcdTE1P1THlPOm617 UEKp2oWlnxubJDNSRr3cghS7nLq092OlhEilIt2HJg6i3TqwqpBaqYvHU7MaNtNhCn5P dboNABdSakq7TnmNzu6DA9F0guS/GwFR+bxjc=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Andrea Cirulli <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I work on an important infrastructure of 20 LDAP Servers, One Producer and
> 19 consumers.
> We are migrating on multimaster-mode achieving 22 server, 2 Producers ( in
> mirror mode ) and 20 consumers.
> I'm here to asking all which is the better way for understanding if all the
> LDAP servers are synchronized.
> We want to create some tools for checking periodically whether there is some
> consumer not yet synchronized or not.
> Could you suggest me something?
> We were thinking on analyzing entryCSN, however if we are going to analyze
> all of them could lead in an overload problem since we are dealing with more
> then 3 Millions of objects, and we want to check the sync at least every X
> minutes and not Hours or day.....
> Many Thanks in advance
I wrote a Python script that compare the contextCSN values of a
provider and its consumer. I have noticed that in the mirror mode
configuration the contextCSN attribute on the providers hold multiple
I am working on migrating my OL platform to a similiar setup (but with
less read-only consumers). Which replication method are you using:
syncrepl or delta-syncrepl? Are your providers sharing a virtual IP
address with the help of a heartbeat failover mechanism and are your
consumers replicating using this specific IP address?