[Date Prev][Date Next]
how to set an optimal cachesize into openldap
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: how to set an optimal cachesize into openldap
- From: fida aljounaidi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:49:48 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=sbJaE2FiWFkFN5Ezzz8Fit0VNn5WXnUCVx2KV8YEwwI=; b=bd8p83FAToWt/pMslkMQtAwOt/DIXdu78l1w1Wi4dXufLucaVhIU+l91gYhDEeLIgC QgaiwppkxNlCRDz9+4d7fOrtg325Un7UowmsHd1jQCRgmbCtOP01IxvRkBNXUaH4XMmy DUEAwXKgIufykoWGWQ0gRAiy+vIO8EHUUKtdc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=nc4POUBzHBWDu3J1GFz4tXp3VRHqNocKnNNCgRHJBaKTXSIBhK9RC4U78EIE7gBjUw 1AzsTu9OUptA+W2Fl6/CJ8r5oj8ieaZRD+BmzqVR9vHoXjjCmZjqM5lC4N3B4auFwqhd Z8TVFAlKPh9NvyK/orV0zjS0zwaILy9pDPCRo=
My openldap server is always crashed with segmentation fault exit.
exemple slapd: segfault at 8 rip 4af0f2 rsp 451c0530 error 4
I want to tune this server by putting a better cachesize.
The size of the openldap database into system is 125 MB
The siize of id2entry file is about 22M
The size of db2intery file is 6,7M
I read on the Administration openldap guide that i can execute db_stat -m to look on the cachesize used by slapd.
This size is increasing every hour.
In the morning it was on about 240 M on the evening, it increase until 400 M
What does it mean and how to deal with that