Re: tcmalloc

Brett Maxfield wrote:
Hmm.. Could not get tcmalloc to compile at all on sparc, using either
sun compiler or the canned gcc in /usr/sfw. Aparently it uses some
asm, not ported to sparc.

The README says only x86 and x86-64 are well supported. PPC support was added more recently. Nothing for sparc.

The README also points to our results with OpenLDAP...

If you're using Solaris/sparc you might as well just use libumem which they already provide.

I was wondering of anybody has used much of tcmalloc (from google
performance
tools) and has any opinion they care to share with regards to
performance of
berkeleydb/openldap toolset ?

--
  -- Howard Chu