Re: Data access issue

Harry Jede <walk2sun@arcor.de> writes:

> Hi Vincent,
>
>> Hi,
[...]
>> access to dn.one="ou=personnes, dc=morinie, dc=fr"
> Remove the spaces:
> access to dn.one="ou=personnes,dc=morinie,dc=fr"
>>         by anonymous auth
>>         by self write
>>         by users write
>>
>> I don't understand why I can't get the data!
> A space is a regular and valid character :-( .

To elaborate a bit more on this:

the access rule dn.one=ou=personnes, dc=morinie, dc=fr
is acceptable, as I just have tested with my own setup:

olcAccess: {1}to dn.subtree="ou=adressbuch, o=avci,c=de"  by * read

a search without spaces will provide the requested result:
ldapsearch -x -H ldap://localhost:9004 -b ou=adressbuch,o=avci,c=de

a search with spaces
ldapsearch -x -H ldap://localhost -b ou=adressbuch, o=avci,c=de
will result in error code 34 invalid DN syntax

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de