Re: Syncrepl: Two step forward, one step back

--On Tuesday, November 03, 2009 8:02 AM +0100 Peter Mogensen <apm@mutex.dk> wrote:

Hi,

I still can't figure out what to think of this:

I have a mirrormode setup. One server has the database, the other starts
empty. The data is slowly propagating from server-1 to server-2, but when
I monitor the process by counting how many objects are created on
server-2 below the root object, it is not strictly increasing.
All object below the root has DN: o=...

Is see output like this:
# slapcat | grep 'dn: o=' | wc -l
601
# slapcat | grep 'dn: o=' | wc -l
622
# slapcat | grep 'dn: o=' | wc -l
620
# slapcat | grep 'dn: o=' | wc -l
628

Why does server-2 "regret" already replicated objects?

Is this expected behaviour?

I would suggest doing diffs against what you slapcat so we can have a better idea of what's happening. It's certainly not what I would expect if this is a full refresh on a server that has no entries to start with.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer