Re: Slow replication in mirrormode

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
I'm using a database where id2entry.bdb is ~6.6Gb. and it's taking
surprisingly long time.
After 18 hours it has gotten around 1/4 of the way.

I'm wondering if I could speed it up by loading an LDIF backup on the
empty server before I start it.

Yep.  This is the recommended method for large databases.

Ok. - one thing which makes me wonder though:
If I monitor the process with "slapcat | grep 'dn: o=' | wc -l"
to get an estiamte of how much has been replicated, it sometimes
decreases !?!?

The database has a lot of nodes (~160.000) below the root with DN o=...

Is it expected that that number will not be strictly rising, or is it a
sign that there's some other thing going on making it slow?

/Peter