Re: Mirror Mode, replicas and delta-syncrepl

Sam Tran wrote:
I have two providers, A and B, configured in Mirror Mode behind the
VIP (vip.example.com). Write operations are performed on the provider
that hold the VIP at a given time.

The consumer got its initial content load when provider A had the VIP.
Any subsequent updates on the provider that holds the VIP were
replicated to the consumer.

I then manually migrated the VIP from provider A to provider B to
simulate a failover. Any updates on the provider that holds the VIP
were not replicated to the consumer unless I manually restarted the
consumer. Here are the resulting logs on the consumer:

However if I perform an update on provider A (even though it doesn't
hold the VIP), the change is replicated to the consumer. Here are the
resulting logs on the consumer:

Is this the expected behaviour? Should I infer that delta-syncrepl
does not work when the consumer is pointing to a load balancer
fronting two providers in Mirror Mode configuration?

This is the expected behavior when you "simulate a failover" without actually simulating a failure. I.e., the consumer still has an open connection to the original server, and none of your infrastructure has done anything to close it.
--
  -- Howard Chu