Re: syncrepl push model with searchbase=""

--On Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:22 PM +0200 masarati@aero.polimi.it wrote:

Probably, we'd need a means to recognize searches with base="" and
scope="base" that are actually directed to the context entry of a database
rooted at "".  This could be, say, the manageDSAit control (unless
manageDSAit on a search for the rootDSE already has some specific
meaning), or a specific control.  This would probably solve your problem,
and work for OpenLDAP-only setups.  However, it would defeat the purpose
of using push syncrepl with other vendors' products.

I'm not currently aware of another vendor that supports rooting the DB at "". Certainly OpenDS and Fedora DS don't. Maybe apache does?

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer