Re: syncrepl push model with searchbase=""

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:12 PM -0700 ml+openldap@esmtp.org wrote:

> >I'm trying to replace OpenLDAP 2.3.x with 2.4.18 (this project

> >hence I have been tasked to set up a producer/consumer replication
> >via syncrepl using the push model. I'm following the example from
> >the admin guide but I have to modify the suffix/searchbase to be
> >"" (as we allow pretty much anything in the DB).

> >        scope=children

> The problem is your scope statement.  Remove it entirely so it uses the
> default.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it produces the same error.
AFAIR we started with the version from the example: ``scope=sub''
which is the default according to slapd.conf(5) and received the
error, so we tried other values.

Any other suggestions how to fix this?