Re: How do I change the log level

Thanks!  I had to change a the command line to get it to work, but it got me going!

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS

ldapmodify -x -D cn=admin,cn=config -W

Also - there's no man page for slapd-config only slapd.conf  - I'll check the packages and see if they exist anywhere

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 17:22 -0400, Michael Smith wrote:
Matt Burkhardt wrote:
> This may be a really dump question - but
>
> I want to change the log level to just stats or to none.  However, I'm
> using the new cn=config style and all of the documentation mentions
> changing the slapd.conf file.  How would I change it?

ldapmodify -Y external -H ldapi:/// <<EOF
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: olcLogLevel
# handles multiple values on one line, like "olcLogLevel: stats sync"
olcLogLevel: stats
EOF

Replace the ldapmodify command with however you connect to cn=config.

Mike
Matt Burkhardt
mlb@imparisystems.com
http://www.imparisystems.com