RE: openldap service stop cause database corruption

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Richton [mailto:richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu]
Sent: martedì 6 ottobre 2009 15.35
To: Brandon Hume; Antonini Gabriele
Cc: openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: Re: openldap service stop cause database corruption

I think you've hit this head on. The only other suggestion I might make is
to consider the checkpointing configuration as described in slapd-bdb(5)
man page. As a rule of thumb, more frequent checkpoints mean that the time
to flush at shutdown is decreased.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm populating ldap directory from scratch, then I'll change stop script adding 30s sleep time and I'll add more frequent  checkpoints (every 5 minute?).
I'll let you know if this fix the problem.

Bye,
G.