Re: syncrepl 2.4 issue from 2.3 master

--On Friday, September 18, 2009 5:29 PM +0100 FRLinux <frlinux@gmail.com> wrote:

See comments below:

Now onto my LDAP slave, this is a Debian 5.0 install running their
packaged LDAP Server (2.4.11), here is my configuration:

You will need to upgrade your release to fix an issue with the change in time formats between 2.3 and 2.4. I would advise using 2.4.18. This will require you to build it yourself with a later BDB version, as the Debian 2.4.11 build is compiled against a version of BDB that is not supported with OpenLDAP 2.4.12 and later.

Config: ** successfully added syncrepl
"ldaps://masterldap.example.com:636" => ldap_bv2dn(cn=Subschema,0)
<= ldap_bv2dn(cn=Subschema)=0
=> ldap_dn2bv(272)
<= ldap_dn2bv(cn=subschema)=0
main: TLS init def ctx failed: 1
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

Read the 2.4 Admin guide to start, the TLS options for syncrepl are now part of the syncrepl stanza. You will want to configure it there.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc