Re: syncrepl 2.4 issue from 2.3 master

--On Friday, September 18, 2009 5:29 PM +0100 FRLinux <frlinux@gmail.com> wrote:

See comments below:

Now onto my LDAP slave, this is a Debian 5.0 install running their
packaged LDAP Server (2.4.11), here is my configuration:

You will need to upgrade your release to fix an issue with the change in time formats between 2.3 and 2.4. I would advise using 2.4.18. This will require you to build it yourself with a later BDB version, as the Debian 2.4.11 build is compiled against a version of BDB that is not supported with OpenLDAP 2.4.12 and later.

Config: ** successfully added syncrepl
"ldaps://masterldap.example.com:636" => ldap_bv2dn(cn=Subschema,0)
<= ldap_bv2dn(cn=Subschema)=0
=> ldap_dn2bv(272)
<= ldap_dn2bv(cn=subschema)=0
main: TLS init def ctx failed: 1
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

Read the 2.4 Admin guide to start, the TLS options for syncrepl are now part of the syncrepl stanza. You will want to configure it there.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer