Re: ldap_result(), Posix signals and error checking

--On Saturday, September 05, 2009 5:58 PM +0200 John Miller <johnmiller@email.it> wrote:

Hi all,
I have noticed a problem with my program (which is supposed to generate
and  receive many Posix signals ) and the function ldap_result(). It
happened to both my code and those library functions that used it (the
synchronous versions of  various add/search/modify functions).
They all failed randomly with a "Can't contact LDAP server" error. I
tracked the issue down to the poll() function in os-ip.c : it's return
value is not checked to see if  it has been interrupted by a signal.
Patching the library ( making the poll function to restart if errno ==
EINTR after failure ), resolved my problem.

Is it a bug or a choice? The patch is trivial, but if that error is not
checked by choice that should be documented imho.

I would send a question like this to openldap-devel@openldap.org

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount