Disk exhausting because of log.0000xxxx files

Hi,

Because of a sputid script I wrote that was unduly modifying my LDAP
directory, I endup exhausting my disk space with Berkeley DB log files
of the type log.00000xxxx.

My LDAP uses a database of type bdb, I have the option

    dbconfig set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

and thought it would take care of removing the log files. It seems not
so I must be missing something.

(As for back-up safety, I have a script that does a slapcat every 2
hours keeping 10 days of back-ups, plus nightly back-up on a back-up
server, so removing BDB logs should be quite safe)

Any help will be warmly welcome.

Best regards,

Olivier