[Date Prev][Date Next]
cache configuration constraints question
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: cache configuration constraints question
- From: Rodrigo Costa <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:34:22 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1251394462; bh=yH0f8LRe0zJJNWaH0P5cImlmFxA6Mbj0tiXUwQb8TWs=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=s+ez67ER2BqAnqFBx/XO2tvznGQYassa41piyu4l11ERFQwoew+NgKHsYpTvezyb3cLYJLoFXHRXffAHQVagfAOWN4PHqM0YPsjJKeH5IjvrvzmmbPXZB2twX1G8elzAZBG3kep+MxTZHc7t3Nstga1l2Pq3ngya9XpQ57XLkWM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=XvQr0A0kL4TeraTdljdXKmjSF8c4jehImXkBDo3waQ64jbzRCKXxLMovYImsAUvuRyh+P1tTYEQ+EoZ7jmzBtnhhTkcp5Kh9vmruXwON56XsiH8j7lAJoC7xNwNUuO4j47LKDbAyB5TkxvbrWOWW/QGz34U20egIx4pkfCtlr/M=;
I would like your comments about some cache configuration. I'm sending
attached my slapd.conf for full information about my system.
Since I have some memory constraints I needed to limit using cache
configuration in slapd.conf file.
Since I was initially testing using only ldapseach through all DB,
dncachesize in 3,000,000 was controlling correctly the use of memory.
Then using the same cache constraints in slapd.conf I create a jmeter
script with a csv file that individually search for each entrance in the
DB. This would be understand as individual ldapsearch with individual
entrances search different from a ldapsearch for all entrances in DB.
But for my surprise the memory was consumed much faster and when around
500K entrances were searched , much less than the ldapsearch full in
3,000,000 cache, I already had the same memory consumption. In this way
I had a crash in slapd since the memory was all allocated.
I would like your help to understand these memory constraints
configuration and why memory consumption behavior was so different in
these 2 cases.
For summary :
Case 1: Search full DB using a single ldapsearch (ldapsearch
<parameters> filter=* )
Case2: Multiple searches to all entrances in DB using like multiple
ldapsearch (ldapsearch <parameters> filter=<unique DB>)
Is there any difference between these two cases based in cache limitation?
Maybe I've some incorrect understanding about cache configuration.