Re: [Openldap 2.4.16] Is it possible to force synchronization: files log.xxxx not treated after a crash

--On Tuesday, August 25, 2009 12:11 PM -0400 Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

On 8/25/09 11:45 AM, Aaron Richton wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Lepoutre Lionel wrote:

My problem is that some data are not synchronised on one of my server
and I
have some "log.xxxx" files in my var/openldap-data/ directory.

When I had an issue with my replicas getting out of sync I developed a
process to slapcat each of the replica's generate what was different from
the master and cause the master to make the changes again (ie, reverse
the master and then revert to what the master knew was correct) which
caused the information to get pushed to the replica's again.  In my case,
the problem turned out to be one of my replica's had too little memory
and was triggering a bug in v2.3 which caused the changes for
delta-syncrepl to not get logged in the accessdb on the provider.

Was this ever fixed in 2.3? Do you have an ITS#? And interesting a replica out of memory would cause the provider not to log data into the accesslog. I'm curious because I'm seeing an issue right now where a ton of deletes are executed, and all the replicas of the master are going into refresh mode on the same entry periodically during the deletes which makes me think that possibly the accesslog is missing writing out some of the changes.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer