Re: syncrepl replication taking too long(not sync)

--On Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:30 PM -0700 Rodrigo Costa <rlvcosta@yahoo.com> wrote:

openldap software community,

I'm facing some difficulties to have database synchronized with
syncrepl. I'm running the latest openldap 2.4.17 version which after
these issues I compiled with gdb.

I have a DB(divided really in 2 DBs) where each one has around 4 million
entrances. Based in memory limitations I have a dncachesize configured
with around 3000000, or smaller than the maximum number of entrances in
DBs.

Don't use a limited dncachesize. With 2.4.18, you'll be able to set it to zero (unlimited), and that will be the default, to match the old 2.3 behavior. Limit your memory consumption in other ways if you need to (Smaller BDB cache, smaller entry cache, smaller idlcache). Limiting the dncachesize is pretty much suicidal in any large db.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer