Re: slapcat and machines

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us wrote:

want the machines.  How can I slapcat machines only?  I guess that I am
just wanting to get ou=Computers or something.

I noticed that the manpage on both servers shows slapcat(8C), and the new
server has an option '-a' that looks like it may do what I want, but the

-a might be useful, but it's not available as you found. The easiest choices would be to use slapcat and try and mangle the output (the perl-LDAP example scripts may be useful here), or you can just do an ldapsearch. If you use a rootdn, you can be reasonably sure you're getting everything. Even if this is something you don't want to do live, you can slapcat/slapadd into a test environment and set up your rootdn there.