Re: tls init def ctx failed: -1 with my cacert signed certs

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
> Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> writes:
>> Jelle de Jong wrote:
>>> So that was an answer I was not expecting :D. So I contacted the
>>> CACert.org people that are my root authority for my certs, and they
>>> indeed do not support X509v3. I am creating a feature bug for this at
>>> there bugtracker, however isn't there a way for openldap to not use the
>>> X509v3 extensions?
>> Pretty sure the extensions are not required. However, X.509v1 certs
>> are more easily spoofed.

> If a signing keyid is not required, are there other methods to
> describe and verify the certificate chain?

Yes, off course!

RFC 5280, section

   Certificate users MUST be prepared to process the issuer
   distinguished name and subject distinguished name (Section
   fields to perform name chaining for certification path validation
   (Section 6).

Ciao, Michael.