Re: performance issue behind a a load balancer 2.3.32

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 12:39 -0700, David J. Andruczyk wrote:
> This is a large production environment (several hundred servers,
> thousands of requests per minute) and the F5-LB is used to balance the
> load and take care if a node needs to be taken out of service for maint

Given, I run a smaller environment, but even on a several-years-old
v2.2.x install I regularly see several thousand requests per second --
not minute -- with tons of logging enabled -- handled while hardly
touching the CPU.  Are you sure you really need multiple machines?

John

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer