Re: Ndb-backend questions...

Reinhard Nappert wrote:
Hi,
I try to get openldap 2.4.16 running with the MySQL Cluster 7.0.6 as
backend. Is there a documentation available, how to configure openldap
and my-sql? Specifically, I want to know if I can define more than one
suffix, which point to different databases (multiple suffix and dbname
directives). If so, how to I associate a suffix with the desired database.

Define a separate database per suffix.

Secondly, I got the connection with one suffix to work, but it looked
like I have to start the mysql server as well. I thought that the
backend-ndb talks directly ndb api.

The startup uses mysql queries to generate the OpenLDAP-specific tables. It is required to generate them this way (using SQL instead of NDBapi) so that any mysql daemons participating in the cluster will be informed. (Table manipulations done directly in NDBapi will not be visible to the mysql daemons.)

Thirdly, as far as I know, the backend-ndb also allows you to read
existing sql tables from the cluster. How does this work and how do you
configure this. So far, I am not able to do that.

No, you cannot run directly on existing tables. The OpenLDAP-specific columns need to be added to them. Generally you need to export all of the data to plaintext, convert to LDIF format, and then reimport to get the tables constructed as necessary. The newly created tables will then have the original column definitions (so existing apps can continue to use them) plus the OpenLDAP columns.

Thanks for any pointers.
-Reinhard

--
  -- Howard Chu