slapadd -q fails to close BDB on Windows

Title: slapadd -q fails to close BDB on Windows

I am experiencing intermittent failures to close the Berkeley database when running slapadd using quick mode on Windows.  I have reproduced the problem using OpenLDAP 2.4.16, 2.4.15, and 2.3.42.  I am using BDB 4.4.20 with all applicable patches.  The problem only occurs when quick mode is used.  I have not seen the problem on Linux systems.  Here are the steps that (sometimes) reproduce the problem:

1.  Start slapd to create initial database files: slapd -f slapd.conf -d -1
2.  Stop slapd using CTRL-C.
3.  Add initial data:  slapadd -f slapd.conf -l initialData.ldif -q

When the problem occurs, slapadd displays the following error message:
C:\openldap>slapadd -f slapd.conf -l initialData.ldif -q Closing DB...
bdb_db_close: database "dc=Nortel,dc=com": alock_close failed

Here is the weird part - the problem is difficult to reproduce, unless you set your system clock to certain times on May 25, 2009.  For example, I can reproduce the problem 100% of the time when I set my system clock to May 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM.  When my system clock has other dates, the problem is very difficult to reproduce.  In fact, if I switch my system clock back and forth between May 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM and May 26, 2009 at 2:00 PM while repeatedly running slapadd with quick mode (-q) and continue-on-error (-c), the problem always occurs on May 25 but never on May 26.

My slapd.conf and initialData.ldif are minimal:

C:\openldap>more slapd.conf
ucdata-path data
include core.schema
include cosine.schema