Re: A question about entry and children pseudo-attributes

On 11 mai 09, at 04:54, Howard Chu wrote:

Thierry Lacoste wrote:
Hello,

According to SLAPD.ACCESS(5) the access needed to the
'entry' pseudo-attribute always correspond to the access
needed on the 'children' pseudo-attribute of the entry's parent.
The only exception is the search operation.

So what is the purpose of children?
Are there examples of ACLs where the two pseudo-attributes
are treated differently.

Your question makes no sense. Perhaps you can rephrase it.

Note that modrdn requires quite different privileges on each of the pseudo-attributes involved.
You're absolutely right.`
Stupid me. I was reading the man of the 2.3 series.
Sorry for the noise.

Regards,
Thierry