[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: openldap2.4.16 and BDB4.7 not sync configured as provider/consumer
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: openldap2.4.16 and BDB4.7 not sync configured as provider/consumer
- From: Rodrigo Costa <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 10:36:34 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1241717795; bh=4O8cPidN+RdlwyEVduixuWxEiXD+tM63iJoK0iNxtA4=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=YdzxyQ2r+n4bGx4I2plV3zS95Qq+T6+7KjOGs6+k1+ajJRGQlTRKIXBHNzfflJyZu6gV4fyuSWY6p9lovMqYHzFRicQKE/PF04sOukXDGBbqDfM0YkzFO24AGfMerd2fAko7crf0OEbrpxmRLGR9HHZD7Igs4qYeuyEpRJ6ml30=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=NvaGToymrHr8ixvCM85EMXM/Vi+Ly4nDndOzq8ea4P6Uyjyk2bZfayzjdoRF/fCZLk4vCqAEIALVyCrNOfi1f2ivSKWBjXTJAvtIDJXvvwrdUUfHIVHTOJ9Zg7MPYiOL4L4Q34DEoBOdvez4bPkQiDo1BQEDm45dczMk5vPFclE=;
My understanding is that attrs doesn't need to exist in config since by
default all attributes are shared.
My original plan was to remove some tasks from the provider, like
backup, running a slapcat in the consumer(slave). Based in the
requirement to load the consumer(slave) using a master LDIF dump I'm not
sure if this is really feasible.
My idea was :
1)Have a provider/consumer running;
2)Execute LDIF and binary backups in the consumer(slave)
3)In a case of problem in the master just let a HA SW move the master to
slave and then load "old master" using the slave LDIF file(recovering
Is this feasible? Could for replication purposes copy the binary bdb
files from master to slave or vice-verse to recover system?
Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Wednesday, May 06, 2009 1:55 PM -0700 John Du <email@example.com>
>> Is it necessary to explicitly specify the '+' in slapd.conf to replicate
>> operational attributes?
> You shouldn't specify the "attrs=" line in slapd.conf at all, unless
> you only want to replicate a subset of attributes. The default is
> usually all you want. But yes, if you plan on doing replication, and
> want it to work, and you are going to specify the attrs= line, then
> you better include "+" in there.
> --Quanah --
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Principal Software Engineer
> Zimbra, Inc
> Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration