Re: sync problem

I've tried the mirrormode, explained in the doc that Gavin posted, but in every change that i made, the ldap server returns me the following error: [key i'm attemping to change] failed : shadow context; no update referral

My 2 databases are far from being syncronized. Do the databases have to be already syncronized to keep syncronizing with mirrormode or something?

slapd.conf server 1

   # Replicas of this database ## DEPRACATED
   #replogfile /var/lib/ldap/openldap-master-replog
   #replica host=192.168.0.2:389
   # binddn="cn=root,dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br"
   # bindmethod=simple credentials=######

   # Replicas of this database
   serverID 1
   syncrepl        rid=001
                   provider=ldap://192.168.0.2
                   bindmethod=simple
                   binddn="cn=root,dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br"
                   credentials=mirrormode
                   searchbase="dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br"
                   schemachecking=on
                   type=refreshAndPersist
                   retry="60 +"

   mirrormode on

slapd.conf server 2

   ###### sync with the main server ## DEPRECATED
   #updatedn "cn=root,dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br"
   #updateref ldap://192.168.1.2:380

   serverID 2
   syncrepl        rid=001
                   provider=ldap://192.168.1.2
                   bindmethod=simple
                   binddn="cn=root,dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br"
                   credentials=mirrormode
                   searchbase="dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br"
                   schemachecking=on
                   type=refreshAndPersist
                   retry="60 +"

   mirrormode on

Gavin Henry escreveu:
----- "Leonardo Carneiro" <lscarneiro@veltrac.com.br> wrote:
Hi Gavin and everyone, The openvpn link is ok and both servers have visibility of each other. In fact, the vpn doesn't just link the 2 servers, both the whole networks. About slurpd and syncrepl, now that you said i suppose that syncrepl is a improved way of replicate the server (i really don't know the difference =P). Can i do a 2-way replication with syncrepl (every change in each server will be replicated to the other one)? I'll read about and give a try. Tks for the info.

Yes, please do read http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html and make sure you uprgade to our stable version, which is 2.4.16 for best experience and support.

Thanks.

--

*Leonardo de Souza Carneiro*