Re: Inquiry Regarding Force Change Password

On Sunday 03 May 2009 01:16:20 Carlo Camerino wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm new to openldap and was just wondering if OpenLDAP implements force
> change password policy?

Please see 'man slapo-ppolicy'.

> Does it expire the password of the user after a specified number of days?

It can. See above.

> Also can I specify a list of commonly used passwords so that users cannot
> use it?

Not out-the-box, but there is a module that can be used as a 'pwdCheckModule'
that can do this, see http://open.calivia.com/projects/openldap . (This is
shipped in some Linux distributions). If compiled with cracklib support, it
will check the cracklib dictionaries (not strictly a "list of commonly used
passwords").

Regards,
Buchan