Problems in OpenLDAP 2.4.11

We have been running OpenLDAP 2.2.13 on RHEL4 for a few years without problems. We recently upgraded OpenLDAP to 2.4.11 to use the multi-master capability. After upgrade, we are having 2 problems with the new version.

1. We have an attribute c in the ou=People sub-tree. The value can be either US or CA. Now if we search "c=US" or "c=CA", we do not get any matches. But if we do "c=U*", it finds all the c=US entries. Same thing happens to c=C*.

2. LAM 2.5.0 (LDAP Account Manager) cannot browse the schema on the new server. It says "Unable to retrieve schema". LAM worked fine with OpenLDAP 2.2.13.

I would appreciate any information that would help us resolve the problem.