Re: sync problem

----- "Leonardo Carneiro" <lscarneiro@veltrac.com.br> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> i'm no ldap expert at all. in fact i'm very noob.
> a few months ago i'd configured 2 ldap servers. they were set in 2
> separated networks, and syncronized via a openvpn link. all was
> working
> ok when when about a month ago they stop syncing. the replogfile is
> empty.
>
> main server (piece of slapd.conf):
> replogfile /var/lib/ldap/openldap-master-replog
> replica host=192.168.0.2:389
>  binddn="cn=root,dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br"
>  bindmethod=simple credentials=[pass]
>
> secondary server (piece of slapd.conf)
> updatedn "cn=root,dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br"
> updateref ldap://192.168.1.2:380

Here are some quick questions you need to answer:

1. Is the VPN still working?
2. If so, can I contact each directory server?
3. Why have I not migrated from slurpd to Syncrepl?

Once you verify all the standard system administration debugging steps to yourself,
please come back with specific questions about OpenLDAP, then we can help! ;-)

Thanks,

Gavin.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html