bdb binary log files

Hello,
I'm using openldap 2.4.11 on linux x86 system, with
one database bdb backend, with the following options
in slapd.conf file:

database        bdb
[..]
dbnosync
cachesize       1000
checkpoint      0 0
[..]

Is it possible to disable bdb log.00000[0..n] files
completely? I can slapcat the database, then
remove these, slapadd and reindex database, and there's
no logs, but is it possible to avoid creating them?
Or set up some limit of numer/size of them ? Let's assume
I don't need logs. I hate logs. I don't wany any logs, whatever :)
I reviewed bdb documentation, but there's no clear information
how to control this.

Additionally - when I have a "DB_CONFIG" file in /etc/ldap, and
a DB_CONFIG file in database storage dir, e.g. /var/lib/ldap, which
one is actually used? My guess'd be /var/lib/ldap/DB_CONFIG, but
I'd like to know for sure :-)

Regards,
Piotr Wadas