Re: delta-syncrepl missing changes

--On Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:49 AM -0400 Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

On 3/9/09 2:57 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, March 06, 2009 7:30 AM -0500 Francis Swasey
<Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

This hypothesis has been confirmed with the modifications that didn't
make it to the replicas yesterday morning and this morning.

Looks like the race conditions in accesslog/syncrepl that are being
worked on in the ITS's against 2.4 were present in the later 2.3 systems
as well.

I'm not sure what race conditions you're referring to here. Using accesslog serializes writes, therefore you can't hit the race conditions about updating the CSN that are being worked on in current RE24.

I'll note that my 2.3.43 builds are actually a hybrid with some 2.4
code. I don't believe there's anything accesslog specific in it, but
there is some connection code reworking that is a part of it (the
lightweight dispatcher from 2.4, most notably).  I've yet to see this
with any of our deployments and some of them are quite large and
extremely busy.

To be specific, there are changes that make it into the master server, and the auditlog overlay logs them, but the accesslog overlay does NOT put them in the accesslog database, so they do not get sent to the replica servers.

It seems to be some kind of race condition.  I haven't figured out a way
to reproduce the failure yet.

Oh, you have auditlog in place too? I don't believe you mentioned that before. I bet it is related to them both being enabled.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer