Re: RE24 (2.4.15) slapd consuming large amounts of CPU

FRLinux wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:30 PM, John Morrissey <jwm@horde.net> wrote:
>>> Interseting.  I've seen this sort of CPU usage issue with OpenLDAP
>>> 2.3/BDB4.2.52 on Ubuntu 8.  Do you know how BDB 4.7 was built?  I.e.,
>>> specifically, did it have the:
>
> Hello,
>
> Sorry to hijack this thread but is bdb 4.7 now recommended for
> OpenLDAP 2.4 ? Reason I am asking is that I finished building a new
> FreeBSD server which uses BDB 4.6 as a backend and it got a core dump
> when using ldapadd on about 500+ entries.

# pkg_info | grep openldap
openldap-sasl-client-2.4.15_1 Open source LDAP client implementation with SASL2 support
openldap-sasl-server-2.4.15 Open source LDAP server implementation

# ldd /usr/local/libexec/slapd | grep libdb
        libdb-4.6.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libdb-4.6.so.0 (0x800abd000)

# uname -r
7.1-RELEASE

Slapadd'ed 10,000+ entries no problem.

I did have a weird problem with two replicas where the indexes were apparently screwed up
immediately after priming them with slapadd. Any search on an indexed attr would return
the same partial results across both slaves. Running slapindex fix the issue, but I'm
still perplexed.

--
Russell A. Jackson <raj@csub.edu>
Network Analyst

Seeing is believing.
You wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't believed it.