[Date Prev][Date Next]
Performance of search with filter (entryDN=<DN>)
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Performance of search with filter (entryDN=<DN>)
- From: Michael Ströder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:52:34 +0100
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20081204 SeaMonkey/1.1.14
Not sure whether this has discussed before.
I have to deal with a third-party application where single entries are
read by sub-tree search with filter (entryDN=<DN>). That cannot be
easily changed. The database is rather small (<10000 entries) so I
simply tried to generate an equality index for entryDN which does not
seem to be possible (slapd shows error message when reading config).
So I wonder whether this sort of filter is already optimized out with
the dn2id.bdb index.