[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: delta-syncrepl missing changes
- To: OpenLDAP-Software@openldap.org
- Subject: Re: delta-syncrepl missing changes
- From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu>
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:14:55 -0500
- In-reply-to: <102CEF6B4E15BF3FC77B510E@[192.168.1.199]>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <102CEF6B4E15BF3FC77B510E@[192.168.1.199]>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (Macintosh/20081209)
On 1/30/09 1:09 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, January 30, 2009 9:45 AM -0500 Francis Swasey
I am running OpenLDAP 2.3.39 (locally built) on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
4 servers with several replicas. We use delta-syncrepl to keep the
replicas in sync with the master server.
Yes, this was a known issue, and both the replicas and the master must
all be on 2.3.43, and all the replicas reloaded from a fresh dump of the
master. Once you've done that, it should take care of the problems you
I upgraded everything to 2.3.43 on January 31 and verified at the time
that everything was in sync. However, it's been a week or more since I
last audited the sync'ness of the replicas and the master. This
morning, I've discovered that the replica's are again out of date with
the master copy and there are of course no failures in the
syncrepl_message_to_op's logged on any of the replicas that would
indicate why these 36 modification's were not replicated.
So, what ITS was this supposed to be fixed by?
Is there anything that should be logged that would help identify the
failure (I'm currently using loglevel of "stats sync" on the master and
all the replicas) ?
Frank Swasey | http://www.uvm.edu/~fcs
Sr Systems Administrator | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
University of Vermont | just like everyone else.
"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)