How to configure value returned for dnsHostName?

I'm using openldap-2.3.41, but even searching through the mailing lists and the docs for v2.4, I can't see how to configure the value that is returned by the server to a client.

A client library connecting to my server happens to make use of this as part of it's SSL verification, and it fails because it doesn't return a value.

Digging through sources, a number of ldap clients request dnsHostName, but I can't find where in the openldap source it would get returned.

Thx

Eli