additional attributes

Hi all,

I just set up an OpenLDAP server on Centos5.2 and have some questions.

While all is good in terms of users being able to authenticate, login and find there home dirs, I have a problem were if I add a new attribute like;

mail:
telephoneNumber:

and try to ldapmodify using a foo.ldif file with thos attributes, I get;

additional info: attribute 'mail' not allowed

Is this because I need more schemas?

My current setup supports these attributes;

dn:
uid:
objectClass:
cn:
userPassword:
uidNumber:
gidNumber
loginShell:
homeDirectory:

The schemas loaded in my slapd file are;

core.schema
cosine.schema
inetorgperson.schema
nis.schema
samba.schema
apple.schema

I'm obviously very very shamefully new to OpenLDAP.
My O'Reilly book lists those attributes as standard so I am at a loss.

- Brian