Re: Oracle back_sql support question openldap-2.4.11

King, Leon C wrote:
Does OpenLdap support an oracle backend database?  I have an existing
database with users that I'd like to put an LDAP interface in front of
to service other clients.   Is this possible?

It should, using ODBC. However, you need to cast your data into a structure that makes sense, according to guidelines and examples provided here <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/978.html>. Oracle is not listed as "supported" simply because nobody who's using Oracle cared to update the FAQ entry. The listed ones are those I could check with, and lots of information might be out of date as that work is now years old (given the evolution of MySQL, for example, I guess most of the encountered limitations can now be easily overcome).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309